Sunday, January 6, 2013

And so we begin...

Let the Blogging begin! What a great outlet for all the jumble of thoughts that run through a persons head! So where to start?

Well... a great place to start would be a bit about me. I'm a farm girl at heart (hence the blog name), growing up this was everything that I didn't want to be. However, I quickly decided that city life just wasn't for me full time. I like it in brief spurts here and there, but my home and heart belong in the country.

I live and come from a dinky little town, where yes, everyone knows your name, and everyone likes to think they know you more than you know yourself! Ha! While this can be quite annoying at times, it's also reassuring that your life is always talked of being more interesting than it really is!  And as a Sex in the City fan, I always find myself thinking that things are way more interesting in these little podunk towns than in big city life... there really should be a show about it. Why not, there's one for everything else!

I am a single mother of two wonderful children... yep that is a total cliche, doesn't everyone say how wonderful their kids are? Well, I'll be honest... they are both wonderful MOST of the time! My daughter is 15 and she is definitely me in my younger years, just maybe has a little more focus than I have ever had. My son is 11, and he is a total country boy, hunting, fishing and getting as dirty as he possibly can... that is his life, but he is sweet to his momma!

I am a very typical Pisces, I change my mind every 5 minutes, I dream very big, and I love many, many different things. Whatever I do, I tend to go overboard, then it fades quickly. Which is why I LOVE my job in graphic and photo design, it changes with every client, so there is never room for boredom to set in.

I absolutely LOVE gardening, if I could plant all day everyday, I really would, unfortunately... I live in Minnesota, so that is just not possible, but I try to make the most of every moment of Spring, Summer and Fall to do this.

Pinterest has become a major addiction of mine, and I can't believe that there are so many things to do out there that I just never thought of. I have more pins than I will ever be able to finish, but I find a lot of enjoyment in just being able to know that these little cool things can be done. Crafty things are just too cute, and if I can make something for my home for virtually nothing... I will. On the total other side of the spectrum, I have WAY too many purses, WAY too much nail polish and I love to go out and have a good time with my bestie and raise a little hell every now and again.

So... enough about all that for now. I wanted to rant a bit and that's that... off to do the pile of dishes staring at me... good night all! ~A

0 comments:

Post a Comment