Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just another Tuesday....

Just another beautiful Tuesday.... wow! We made it to 32 degrees today! How wonderful for a Minnesota January day! Anyways,  a long day just dizzin and loosing track of time... crap it's all the sudden time for supper!


So I scrounge the fridge and freeze and decide on pork chops and rice. And then thought I didn't want to do the typical bland herb chops... I peruse Pinterest and find this wonderful recipe! It was a hit, though I did make a minor change. Here ya'll go!

Ranch and Rice Pork Chops
4 thick-cut pork chops, bone in or boneless
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. chicken broth
pepper


Combine soup, dressing mix, garlic, and broth.  Sprinkle chops with pepper (do not salt).  Place chops in slow cooker and pour soup mixture over top.  Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 6-7 hours.  Serve over rice.

My changes..... I used Cream of Mushroom instead of the Cream of Chicken, I added a can of sliced mushrooms. I put them in a casserole dish and baked in the oven at 350 for about an hour. It was DELISH!!


Triple Berry Cheesecake Cookies
Dessert.... Triple Berry Cheesecake Cookies!


2 pkg marth white's wild berry muffin mix, or strawberry
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 stk butter, room temperature
2 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c vanilla or white chocolate chips


1
Cream together the cream cheese, butter, sugar and eggs until well blended and smooth.
2
Slowly add the dry muffin mixes, blending well. Stir in the chips and nuts, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3
Place on cookie sheet with cookie scoop, use floured bottom of a glass to press down slightly. Bake in 325* oven 10-12 minutes, the top will look pale, but bottom will be browned... remove and let cool 2 minutes before removing from pan.. These cookies are a cake like cookie, they will not get crispy,, they stay soft.. Store in covered container. 
 
My changes... I did grease my cookie sheet just a bit to prevent sticking, as well I used some left over candy coating wafers broke into pieces for the white choc chips.  These are very similar to Subways Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies! NUMMMMMY!!



A wonderful evening of food... hope yours is as well!! ~A

0 comments:

Post a Comment